- To prepare an information package on new fuels for operators in the maritime logistics sector in Satakunta.
- To strengthen the introduction of new fuels in the maritime logistics sector in Satakunta.
- To promote the green shift in maritime logistics in Satakunta.
044 710 3245
- Mapping of competencies and identification and planning of measures in the Satakunta maritime cluster to increase competencies in new marine logistics fuels.
- Investigate the sustainable use of new fuels, using the shipbuilding and port environment in Satakunta as case examples.
- The UUPO project will produce a web-based information package focusing on the needs and opportunities for the introduction of new fuels for maritime logistics SMEs in the Satakunta region.
- The project will promote the green transition and the blue economy for maritime logistics companies in Satakunta, considering the specificities in the Satakunta region.
Logistics produce greenhouse gases such as CO2 emissions. In line with EU policy to combat climate change, all actors, including companies, must reduce emissions and orient their activities towards a green transition. The key SME players in the Satakunta region, especially in the field of maritime logistics, are both the shipbuilding industry and port areas with their stakeholders. New fuels such as hydrogen, ammonium/ammonia, biogas, and biodiesel are effective ways of promoting the green transition and the blue economy in the Satakunta area. There is an acute need for SMEs in Satakunta to increase their know-how and start cooperation with a network of actors in the new fuels sector.
The UUPO project will identify and increase the know-how of SMEs in Satakunta in the field of new fuels. UUPO will explore the sustainable use of new fuels, using the shipbuilding and port environment as examples. The project will compile a web-based information package open to all, focusing on the needs and opportunities of SMEs in the region. The UUPO project will accelerate the green transition and the blue economy of Satakunta's enterprises by increasing knowledge and networking among the actors in the region, considering the specific features of the region in the new fuels theme.